Africa South of the Sahara 2022
The definitive one-volume guide to all sub-Saharan African countries,
providing invaluable economic, political, statistical and directory data.
Now in its 51st edition and fully revised for 2022, Africa South of the Sahara contains over 1,600 pages of wide-ranging directory material and authoritative article contributions from fifty of the region’s leading thinkers and policy makers.
The Yearbook has
- Over 1,600 pages of economic and demographic statistics, wide-ranging directory material and authoritative articles
- Contributions from over 50 leading experts on African affairs
- Incisive analysis of the latest available information.
Thoroughly revised and updated analytical articles written by acknowledged experts covering the issues affecting the area as a whole, including: Economic Trends in Africa South of the Sahara; Health and Medical Issues in Sub-Saharan Africa; State Failure in Africa; A Century of Development; China’s Expansion into Africa; and European Colonial Rule in Africa.
A political map of contemporary Africa and a chronological list of the dates of independence of African countries.
Individual chapters on every country incorporating:
- An introductory survey, containing essays on the physical and social geography, recent history and economy of each country
- An extensive statistical survey of economic indicators, which include area and population, health and welfare, agriculture, forestry, fishing, mining, industry, finance, trade, transport, tourism, media and education
- A full directory containing names, addresses and contact numbers for key areas such as the government, political organizations, diplomatic representation, the judiciary, religion, the media, finance, trade and industry, tourism, defence and education
- A useful bibliography, providing sources for further research.
- An introductory survey, containing essays on the physical and social geography, recent history and economy of each country.